East Waco fire

Fire crews spray water on the upper portion of an East Waco home that caught fire shortly before 7 p.m. Monday. One home occupant suffered minor injuries but was not taken to the hospital.

A Robinson man was arrested Saturday on unrelated charges of retaliation against a witness and sexual assault of a child, arrest affidavits state.

Police began investigating a reported assault on Nov. 27 after a report that Cordell William Dalrymple, 28, went to a Robinson resident’s house and pointed a handgun at his head, threatening violence if he reported a separate assault three days earlier.

The victim told Robinson police saying he feared for his life.

Police issued a first-degree felony warrant for Dalrymple, charging him with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon in retaliation against a witness.

Later in January, two people came into the Robinson Police Department to report their suspicions that Dalrymple may have sexually assaulted a 7-year-old boy.

The two people said the boy accused Dalrymple of assaulting him at Dalrymple’s home in August, the affidavit states.

The boy underwent a forensic interview and detailed the abuse in August to counselors, the affidavit states. The boy said Dalrymple sexually assaulted him at a swimming pool, but the location of that assault was unknown.

Police requested another warrant, charging Dalrymple with a second-degree felony charge of aggravated sexual assault of a child.

He was arrested in the 5100 block of West Waco Drive at about 7 p.m. Friday. He was taken to McLennan County Jail, where he remained in custody Monday with a bond listed at $200,000.

House fire

Flames peeked through the roof of home in the Timbercrest neighborhood after a fire started in the laundry room area, causing minor injuries to the home occupant Monday night.

Fire crews were called to the 400 block of Timbercrest Lane, shortly before 7 p.m., when a woman reported a fire coming from her laundry room area, Waco Assistant Fire Chief Patrick Kerwin said. The woman tried to splash water on the fire, but steam got into the woman’s eyes, the woman reported to fire crews.

The woman escaped the home as emergency responders from American Medical Services arrived, Kerwin said. The woman was administered first aid as firefighters worked to extinguish the fire.

Fire appeared to spread to the attic, causing charred debris to fall from the roof line of the home. Several fire engines worked to put off hot spots from around the house.

The fire was contained about 30 minutes later. The woman did not go to an area hospital with AMR crews.

Kerwin said the woman would be displaced from her home for the night. The cause of the fire remained under investigation.