Baylor University’s W.R. Poage Legislative Library opened an exhibit of “unusual” treasures from its vaults Wednesday in celebration of National Archives Month and the Poage’s 35th anniversary.
The exhibit, which includes the items below, will be on display through December from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday at Poage Library, 201 Baylor Ave.:
- Jack Ruby’s jail-house slipper
- Jack Hightower’s WWII Navy uniform
- Goldwater-Johnson bubble gum cigars, 1964
- Dresses made for the FDR and LBJ campaigns
- Signed photo of Charles Duke on the moon
- Page from a Ben Franklin book, 1742
- FDR for President voting machine, 1940
- Photograph of Theodore Roosevelt in Waco, 1905
- Lola Hoppers’ delegate jacket from the Democratic National Convention, 2008
- 3-inch glass slides of the Kennedy assassination investigation
- World War II Nazi helmets and daggers from Gen. Penn Jones Jr.
- Clinton-Gore nesting dolls from Russia, 1992
- LBJ flight jacket
- White House cookbook, 1907