Two men who were injured after an explosion and fire at a vacant rent home they were working on Monday morning remain hospitalized Tuesday in a Dallas burn unit.
Tomas Vasquez, 53, is listed in critical condition and his co-worker, Miguel Longoria-Basio, 25, is listed in serious condition at Parkland Burn Center in Dallas, a nursing supervisor said Tuesday.
Vasquez suffered burns on 90 percent of his body and inhalation injuries, while Longoria-Basio had burns on 20 percent of his body, officials said.
The men were using lacquer thinner to remove glue from the kitchen floor at 4309 Shady Glen Drive when fumes ignited and caused an explosion.
Waco Deputy Fire Marshal Riley Kilgo said officials are trying to determine the source of the ignition.