Casualties known in the armed cult standoff. Names of killed and injured agents identified by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms.

ATF Agents Killed

Steve Willis, 32, Houston field division, assigned to Houston, three years as an ATF agent.

Robert J. Williams, 26, New Orleans field division, assigned to Little Rock, Ark., four years as an ATF agent.

Conway LaBleu, 30, New Orleans field division, assigned to New Orleans, five years as an ATF agent.

Todd McKeehan, 28, New Orleans field division, assigned to New Orleans, three years as an ATF agent.

ATF Agents Admitted to Waco Hospitals

Larry L. Shiver, Houston field division

Eric Evers, Houston field division

J. Wm. Buford, New Orleans field division

W. Glen Jordan, New Orleans field division

Kenneth M. King, New Orleans field division

Keith Constantino, New Orleans field division

John Risenhoover, Houston field division

ATF Agents Treated and Released from Waco Hospitals

Roland Ballesteros, Houston field division

Mark A. Handley, Houston field division

Michael Russell, Dallas field division

Steven M. Steele, Dallas field division

Gerald Petrilli, Dallas field division

Clay Alexander, New Orleans field division

Claire E. Rayburn, Houston field division

Sam Cohen, Dallas field division

Within Cult Compound

Three adult cult members wounded included cult leader Vernon Howell, according to Howell.

One 2-year-old cult member killed during morning shootout, according to Howell.

One cult member killed during evening shootout, according to ATF.

Read the Tribune-Herald's 7-part investigative series on the inner workings of the Branch Davidians. Hours after Part 2 appeared in print, the ATF raided the group's compound.

Read the Tribune-Herald’s account of the ATF raid on the Branch Davidian compound on Feb. 28, 1993. Four ATF agents and six in the compound were killed in the gunfight.

Read the daily news accounts of the 51-day siege at the Branch Davidian compound near Elk, which began Feb. 28 and lasted until April.

April 19 and beyond: FBI agents began inserting canisters of tear gas into the Branch Davidian compound in the early morning hours. By noon, it was on fire.

Federal officials left the compound site in late May 1993. As identifications of bodies continued, questions about the survivors, the compound and the cult itself began to emerge.

As the world began to take a critical look back at the events and legal proceedings continue, the ATF's bombshell report forces a shakeup at the top after the raid gone "tragically wrong."

In 1994, the surviving Davidians went on trial in San Antonio. Over six weeks, more than 140 witnesses testified, with the verdict coming just two days prior to the anniversary of the ATF raid.

The Rodenville shootout and the 1988 trial, the end of the world in 1959 and more stories from deep in the Trib archives.