Trib sports guys Brice Cherry, John Werner and Tony Adame return, along with the undefeated Bears, who are getting back in action:
• The Bears return to the friendly confines of McLane Stadium to play Kansas, but what do you think about this 34-point spread? Is that too high, considering the Jayhawks played TCU to a point last week?
• Looking ahead, there's (another) bye week and then BU begins a backloaded stretch of its toughest six games of the year, starting with Texas in Austin. Pick-six in the Baylor Bear scratch-off lottery: what is BU's record for those final six games?
• The Red River Shootout was a legit shootout, as OU outgunned UT, 45-40, moving to 2-0 in Big 12 play. The Sooners produced a 300-yard passer, a 200-yard rusher and a 200-yard receiver in that game ... so do you think they've figured out some of their issues?
• Kirk Herbstreit made headlines when he called Texas “a cesspool” and criticized the administration for not giving Charlie Strong enough support. But actually, the AD and president have given the coach public support. Was Herbstreit off-base, and is there any chance Strong actually returns for 2017?
• The State Fair of Texas is still going on, and so locally is the HOT Fair & Rodeo. A deep-fried question: What's the grossest deep-fried food item you've ever eaten or heard of? And what would you really want to try?