Look for Saturday night’s NFL playoff game between the Tennessee Titans and New England Patriots (7 p.m., CBS) to grab the lion’s share of the broadcast television audience. So far this century, the AFC playoffs have been the Tom Brady show. The veteran quarterback and Coach Bill Belichick have led the New England franchise to the playoffs with frightening consistency, missing postseason play only three times since 2000.
While it’s slightly absurd to compare a team to a TV show, the era of the Patriots’ dominance has outlasted the reign of “CSI,” “American Idol” and other TV hits of the current century. Perhaps the best TV comparison is “Survivor,” on CBS since 2000. “Survivor” is also an apt name for Brady, a 40-year-old quarterback who shows little sign of aging as he tries to win his unprecedented sixth Super Bowl ring, all with the same team.
- Hallmark has finally put the holly and tinsel in the attic. But it hasn’t changed its movie formula quite yet. “Frozen in Love” (8 p.m., TV-G) stars Rachael Leigh Cook as a struggling bookstore owner who sparks an unlikely friendship with a brash hockey star (Niall Matter) while trying to save her shop.
- Lifetime has also stored its Christmas decorations and settles back into traumatized female mode with “Deadly Delusion” (7 p.m., TV-14), about a woman who hopes to make a clean break from her ugly past by moving to Los Angeles with her new boyfriend. Think she can outrun her demons? Of course she can’t!
- Hugh Jackman, Kate Winslet and Ian McKellen animate the 2006 comedy “Flushed Away” (7 p.m., ABC, TV-PG). Who could have predicted that a cartoon comedy about a sewer rat would be a box-office stinker?
- “The Vet Life” (9 p.m., Animal Planet, TV-PG) returns for a second season, following the Houston vets as they cope with the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey.
- Sam Rockwell hosts “Saturday Night Live” (10:30 p.m., NBC, TV-14), featuring musical guest Halsey.
A double date on “Will & Grace” (7 p.m., NBC, r, TV-14) ... New challengers arise on “The Four” (7 p.m., Fox, r, TV-14) ... Cleanup on aisle nine on “Superstore” (7:30 p.m., NBC, r, TV-PG) ... “Dateline” (8 p.m., NBC) ... A vintage helping of “Saturday Night Live” (9 p.m., NBC, TV-14) ... “20/20” (9 p.m., ABC).
© 2018 United Feature Synd.