With two-a-days kicking off in merely seven weeks, it’s time for the Super Poll.
Last year, readers cast a total of 67,984 votes across the opening, semifinal and final rounds.
Receiving 5,508 of those votes was Robinson’s Mason Cooper which was tops among all players.
Cooper returns for his senior season, so we’ll see if he rocks the poll once again.
Here’s a reminder of how it works.
They’re broken down position by position with an extra category for the six-man players.
Constructing the ballot, we relied on the 2016 Super Centex honors.
By pulling names from only one source, we know we’ve missed some players.
And you can write those names in on the ballot.
The opening rounds will last from June 17 through July 31 with a new position added to the poll every six days.
The semifinal round – pitting the top five in each position against each other – will take place from August 1-7 with the final round – between the top two vote getters from the semifinals – happening August 8-14.
You can vote as many times as you want.
Here are last year’s winners:
- Quarterback: Chase Allison, Robinson
- Running back: Kemoche Hobbs, La Vega
- Receiver/tight end: Baylon Ware, La Vega
- Offensive lineman: Connor Barnett, Robinson
- Defensive lineman: Albert McGowan, Midway
- Linebacker: Reid Petree, Bruceville-Eddy
- Defensive back: Mason Cooper, Robinson
- Specialist: Robert Blue, Bosqueville
- Six-man player: Weston Cantrell, Abbott