- Bravo, Sandra Blankenship, for the concise and accurate description in your Dec. 22 letter to the Trib regarding what is occurring now in our country.
- Bravo for saying Republicans have no interest in protecting our country, or putting country before political party, and for naming this treason.
- Bravo for saying Republicans in Congress are actively trying to undermine our justice and legal system.
- Bravo for accurately saying Congress is actively assisting a hostile foreign government in the destruction of our democratic republic.
- Bravo for saying they should each be held accountable for their role in undermining our republic.
- Bravo for correctly saying our Constitution is under attack and Republicans who control all three branches of our government are allowing it to flourish.
Yes, I just repeated the essence of Ms. Blankenship’s letter. And that’s because it needs to be repeated loudly, clearly and incessantly till those who can still save our democratic government boldly act to do so.
Do not be deceived. Certain Republicans are in a movement to fertilize the weeds of this insanity and to crowd out the green, healthy grass of our constitutional government. Their stake in this stand is yet to be revealed.
To date, nothing has been done by the current administration to implement the needed precautions to prevent further infiltration and destruction of our democracy. Does not the president take an oath to protect our country?
All this is deeper than just the president not recognizing, admitting and organizing protection of our democracy. Others responsible are those defending and enabling him in attempting to demolish our justice system. If we ever needed individual citizens to do something collectively to uphold our rule of law, now’s that time. And the opposition party needs to use its power to organize to save our government.
Charlotte Labens, Waco
As the Christmas season ends and we concentrate on the new year, remember God’s blessings and keep his commandments. Our nation has been blessed because the United States was established on the Bible. That is not to say we are perfect, far from it. But we strive toward a perfect mission.
And most important:
- “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord (Jesus Christ) will be saved.” — Romans 10:13.
- “God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” — Romans 5:8
And let us not forget the path our nation took to get here and rebuff those that hate good, honor and our nation:
- “Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters.” — Benjamin Franklin
Eric Mach, Denton