City crews attempting to repair a water line in the 3200 block of North 32nd Street clipped a gas line nearby, causing a small water and gas leak Wednesday afternoon.
Fire crews were called to the leak shortly before 3:30 p.m. During the repair to the residential water line, workers struck a gas line, which led to natural gas forcing water to bubble through the utility hole and onto the street.
City of Waco spokesman Larry Holze said utility crews were working throughout the day on various utility line repairs. Atmos Energy assisted the city in getting the lines shut off for a quick repair, Holze said.
No injuries were reported. Residents may have experienced a slight inconvenience as repairs were made, but the error was correctly quickly, he said.