Preliminary autopsy results of the four Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms agents who died in Sunday’s raid on Mount Carmel indicate that at least two of the agents died from wounds caused by “a high velocity gunshot.”

McLennan County Justice of the Peace Cindy Evans said the preliminary autopsy reports for agents Conway LeBleu, 30, and Robert J. Williams, 26, both of the ATF New Orleans field division, indicated they died from injuries caused by “a high velocity gunshot” to the head area.

Williams also suffered a wound to the neck, she said.

Dr. Marc Krouse, who performed the autopsies on Williams and LeBleu, noted that LeBleu suffered a gunshot wound to the left shoulder as well.

The autopsy report indicates that he died from “cranocerebral trauma,” and Williams suffered “cranocerebral and cervical-spinal trauma,” she said.

McLennan County Justice of the Peace David Pareya said preliminary autopsy results on agent Steve Willis, 32, of the ATF Houston field division indicate Willis died from injuries caused by a gunshot wound to the left side of the face.

Pareya also said results indicate that Todd McKeehan, 28, of the New Orleans field division died from injuries caused by a gunshot wound to the right upper chest.

Evans said Krouse was able to remove bullet fragments from LeBleu’s left shoulder; however, ballistics reports on the fragments were not available.

The reports would tell officials which guns the fatal bullets came from.

FBI Special Agent Joe Hanley said both the FBI and the ATF have the capability to perform the ballistics tests, but he couldn’t confirm who would do them.

Read the Tribune-Herald's 7-part investigative series on the inner workings of the Branch Davidians. Hours after Part Two appeared in print, the ATF raided the group's compound.

Read the Tribune-Herald’s account of the ATF raid on the Branch Davidian compound on Feb. 28, 1993. Four ATF agents and six in the compound were killed in the gunfight.

Read the daily news accounts of the 51-day siege at the Branch Davidian compound near Elk, which began Feb. 28 and lasted until April.

Read the accounts of April 19 and beyond: FBI agents began inserting canisters of tear gas into the Branch Davidian compound in the early morning hours. By noon, it was on fire.

Federal officials left the compound site in late May 1993. As identifications of bodies continued, questions about the survivors, the compound and the cult itself began to emerge.

As the world began to take a critical look back at the events and legal proceedings continue, the ATF's bombshell report forces a shakeup at the top after the raid gone "tragically wrong."

The 1987 Rodenville shootout and trial, the end of the world in 1959 and more coming soon.

This image provided by the Alabama Department of Corrections shows Doyle Lee Hamm, an inmate scheduled to be executed Thursday, Feb. 22, 2018 in Alabama. Alabama is set to execute Hamm, who argues his past drug use and cancer have too badly damaged his veins and will make the lethal injection unconstitutionally painful. (Alabama Department of Corrections via AP)